Monday, January 28, 2013

Early Winter, Old National Road SOLD just before Christmas in an interesting scenario.  I lived in this house at one time, and have many stories about that experience.  I made this painting mostly for the sake of the beaver nest, which the State of Maryland said had to go...it was posing a threat to a nearby culvert under Old Route 40.  But it was not. They took it away, and in 2 weeks, the beavers had reclaimed their home.  The State came in and drained the whole pond, regardless of protestations from the property owner at the time, a fiend of mine for many years.  After I did the painting, I sent him a copy in a Christmas card, several years ago, thinking he might enjoy the piece.  He in turn passed it on to the new owner of the house, whose brother made a great effort to find me and purchase the piece as a gift for his brother.  The painting now hangs in the very house of its content.  I will add a photo of it in its new home soon.  There is also a great deal of local history associated with the house and the area, know as the Shades of Death. I will also condense and post some of it, keeping history and folk legends alive.

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading about you house here you've painted. Beautiful! it's nice that you replicated the original way it looked before they drained the pond, however, it's very said. I had a wonderful time Miss. Pratt looking and reading your work. I hope that you will view my blog as well here with google blogspot, it's called words of link here ..... affirmationhttp://gifts-ofaffirmantion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete